Thumbs up Thumbs down #11

thumbs up thumbs down picture

Another Thursday, another Thumbs up Thumbs down post. Read here for the back story of why I started this. 



thurmbs up
Thumbs up to all the Christmas shopping I got done yesterday. It was a very successful day and I can proudly say, “I am almost done”.


Thumbs up to Barbara at The Corner on Character for such a wonderful post called Operation SOS and her follow up post called A Heavenly Call. Each of those posts gave me tears of joy and tingles (on my arms) of awe. Barbara and her colleagues, cohorts, volunteers and students never cease to amaze me at the enormity of their, loving, giving hearts. Thank you for always posting such wonderful ideas, inspirations, thoughts and good deeds.
Barbara
Thumbs up to Diane at Schoolhouse Treasures for a super cute Common and Proper noun sort freebie. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you must, lots of good stuff!
Schoolhouse Treasures

Thumbs up to Barbara at Ruby Slippers Blog Designs for creating such cute Blinkie Joy and allowing us to add it to our blogs to show our holiday spirit. Thank you!





thumbs downThumbs down to cancer! My mom has breast cancer and is on her second round of chemo. Everything was going great with the chemo: her numbers were going down, she is healthy and beautiful, has TONS of energy and looks great, you would never know she has cancer, let alone getting chemo. Yesterday they told her that her tumor maker numbers have gone way up! What? How could that be? We cried, we hugged, we loved and we decided that this absolutely is not her last Christmas with us! She is so strong and amazing and determined to beat this cancer that I have no doubt that my mom will be with us for a very long time (she is only 60 for goodness sake!).


Best,
signature

8 comments

  1. YaY to being a thumbs up along with my friend from Grade ONEderful!! Boooooooo to cancer. I am SO sorry that your mom is suffering and I am adding her (and you!) to my prayer list.

    Thanks for your kind words of affirmation, Shawna!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give a thumbs up to your blog button too. Way cute. Cancer is a crazy roller coaster. Sending positive healing thoughts toward your mom and you. It takes a lot of strength to support someone going through treatment.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      Thank you for the positive healing thoughts, it is something we work on everyday!
      Shawna

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Shawna, for the thumbs up!! That's so cool. I had tons of fun making the blinkies, but I'd like to give a shout out to Digi-Doodle Doo for the Joy and Christmas tree graphics. She has a very liberal commercial use policy that makes it easy to do fun stuff like this :))
    Blessings to your mom!!!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Keep up the fun stuff, it makes us smile.
      Shawna

      Delete
  4. Thank you Shawna for the Thumbs Up! I love this feature and feel proud to be mentioned! Soooo sorry to hear about your mom. I will be sending prayers and thoughts your way!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, they are received with open arms.
      Shawna

      Delete

Thoughts and comments are always welcome!