Thumbs up Thumbs down #15

thumbs up thumbs down picture

Another Thursday, another Thumbs up Thumbs down post. Read here for the back story of why I started this.


thurmbs up


My first Thumbs up this week goes to the GORGEOUS weekend we had here in So. CAL. I went to the cliffs in Palos Verdes with my mom and aunt and we watched whales, soaked up the Vitamin D and had a lovely walk. Here is a little taste of what I so enjoyed on Sunday.



Thumbs up to the blog post called Rockin’ Reading Workshop – Gingerbread Style from Lesson Plan SOS. This post is filled with wonderful ideas on reading workshop, how to get started, and mini lessons. If you have not seen this post you must head on over and check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Photobucket

Have you seen Terri's post over at Kinder Kapers called Cheap...? It is all about those cheap paper plates and some of the many activities she uses them for. There are some Thumbs up ideas you won't want to miss!


If you haven't yet seen Michelle's post called We Heart MLK from Apples and ABC's you must see why I picked this as a Thumbs up. Those projects are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!



thumbs down
I am going to complain about my neighbor right now. So my Thumbs down is for her parking on her lawn right in front of her house, but instead of backing in and out of her driveway, she uses OURS! Why? My car is always in the driveway when she does this, so she has to squeeze by my car...inches from hitting it! Now I wouldn't mind if we were friends, but we are NOT friends, we don't even smile at each other...even though I have tried. My husband doesn't understand why I let it bother me so much, I guess it is because I think it is so RUDE!

Thumbs down to 1-ply toilet paper!
http://www.multichannelsurfer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/1ply_TP-300x240.jpg
Photo Credit
Thumbs down to the content on Pinterest. I need to find more people to follow that don't just post their for sale stuff. I find I don't visit Pinterest that often anymore because all I see are things I can buy or the same product posted on to 10 different boards at the same time, I want ideas and inspiration! Before you go checking to see if I self promote, I do, but I really try to limit my for sale pins to once a day on one board at a time, if that. I don't want to inundate my followers with stuff they must purchase. I love to pin and share my book reviews, ideas and information teachers can use. I am not picking on anyone with my picture, but this is what my feed looks like right now.


Your turn!




5 comments

  1. Thumbs up for YOU and totally agree with your Thumbs down ... we NEVER buy 1-ply {who ever thought THAT was a good idea?} and I totally dislike the $ pins!! Can we add Thumbs down to drunk drivers??

    In hopes of healing quickly,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara,
      Yes and HUGE THUMBS DOWN to drunk drivers!!! It sounds like you are being well taken care of. I am sending you lots of positive healing thoughts but here is another (((HUG))) for good measure!
      Take care,
      Shawna

      Delete
  2. Shawna....Thanks soooo much for the thumbs up! You made me smile tonight (I am so glad I took a break from working on grades)! I am with you on the Pinterest.

    Terri
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Terri,
      So glad you stopped to take a break! I loved your post and I do love those cheap plates :)
      Enjoy your weekend!
      Shawna

      Delete
  3. AMEN to the pinterest thumbs down. I used to LOVE Pinterest, but I don't really go on any more for teacher stuff for the same reason you don't.....If I want to buy something I look it up on TPT. It has become so overwhelming.

    Denise
    2nd Grade Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts and comments are always welcome!