Inspiration

What can you do with some paper and glue?
I have said before that I don't have a classroom, the budget and economy in the state I live has caused so many pink slipped teachers in my district. These cuts have left me with an empty heart, a blank plan book and lots of time and ideas. I spend many of my days wondering in and out of classrooms at my school. When I say my school, it is the school that my kids went to, the school that is right down the street from me, the school where I did my student teaching, and where I still call home. I have many friends that let me come in and help whenever I can.

Since I don't have my own classroom to share the accomplishments of my own students I will be sharing what my friends are doing in their classrooms (they have graciously agreed to let me photograph and share their projects, ideas and lessons). I think this will be a fun "project" for me, to inspire you with ideas and projects from the teachers that inspire me on a daily basis.

I would like to start with two first week of school projects that I just loved.

A first grade class made torn paper names...they turned out really great. It is amazing how hard it is for some kids to tear paper!

 Here are some works in progress.


  The completed names are adorable! I can't wait to see them hanging around the room!!







In the kinder class next door, the teacher had her 33 little darlings make their faces. Needless to say, with 33 kinders and no aids, not all the kids got their heads done...but the ones that did are...A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E!



I hope these projects put a smile on your face...they sure did for me :) Stay tuned for more inspiration as I wonder the halls.



Happy teaching!


No comments

Thoughts and comments are always welcome!