ABC Bats


I bought these bats from Wal-mart, 16 for $1.97. I just knew I could do something fun with them. I thought, and I played, and I thought and I just couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted to do, so I asked a teacher friend of mine. 

Her kids need practice with sight words and ABC order, so there you go, simple, easy, and fun.

I put 16 sight words on these bats and created a recording sheet to go with it. They can be used in one of two ways.
1. pick a bat, read the word, write it on the correct number of the recording sheet.
2. Put the bats in ABC order - either the 8 black, the 8 gray or all 16.

I know you probably don't have these bats, so I included them in the activity.


You can get this FREEBIE from either of my stores.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments

  1. Those little bats are super cute! I'm so glad you shared this activity! Were the bats in the toy section or holiday aisles? I am pretty sure I need some. :)

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlana,
      They were in the Halloween party favor section. They are very cute and if you can find them you should stock up :)
      Shawna

      Delete
  2. I love this idea and actually found the bats at WalMart tonight. They also had some glow-in-the-dark bats in addition to the gray and black ones. The best part was that they were 50% off in the Halloween clearance section.
    Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karyn,
      YEAH! I hope you bought lots!
      Enjoy!
      Shawna

      Delete

Thoughts and comments are always welcome!