Inspiration


On Sunday, March 3 my family took a field trip. We went to the California Science Center and saw the space shuttle Endeavour.

It was so amazing to see and a bit surreal. There in front of you is this craft that has flown countless missions to space, but yet it just looks like an airplane that has been very well worn. As you walk around and look at the shuttle you are in complete awe of how simple it looks, but knowing how completely complex the inner workings are. You are also a bit saddened at the knowledge that this is it, the shuttle missions are over and what was once headline news is now a museum exhibit.

I can remember as a kid being so excited when the space shuttle landed, I took pictures of it on the TV with my little Instamatic camera but yet for my kids the shuttle taking off or landing was always just a segment in the news, not the headline news.

I think my husband and I were more excited about seeing the shuttle than my kids but as we were leaving my oldest daughter (who is a freshman at college and still not sure what she wants to do) turned to us and said, "wouldn't it be amazing to be a part of all of that!" Could it be that she was INSPIRED?


6 comments

  1. Oh, how fun. My husband and boys went to Ellington Field to see it when it stopped here on its way to CA. Its fly-by that morning brought all of our kiddos outside because it was so crystal clear and just overhead.

    So fun to see how excited people get about space and such a shame that we as a country are not flying shuttles anymore.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara,
      It really is an amazing site. I missed it as it traveled over and through LA but it did do a 360 around my husbands company so he got to see flying into town and and LOVED it.
      Hope you are feeling good!
      Shawna

      Delete
  2. How fun!! My class went running out of the room the morning that it flew by. I hope to make it there over spring break. I love your site and all your great ideas.

    Katie

    A Basket Full of Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! You won't be disappointed if you go, and the IMAX Hubble movie is just mind boggling...I highly recommend seeing that!
      Enjoy the rest of your week!
      Shawna

      Delete
  3. So happy to find your blog and I live in California too! How exciting to go there. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sherry!
      If you get the chance you should make the trip, it really is a site to see!
      Enjoy the rest of your week!
      Shawna

      Delete

Thoughts and comments are always welcome!