Want to get to know me a little better?


I finally have a minute to join The Teaching Tribune’s Monday Meet Up.

But because I missed the previous weeks, I am including them in this post as well.

Here is my letter to myself from when I started this lil’ ole blog.
Dear me 
 But because I have to have the last word, I wrote a response to the pessimistic me.
Dear pessimistic me

The next meet up was learning a little about me. Not sure if you will notice but I am a little frustrated with my district right now.
About me
And finally here are three things I know you didn’t know about me.
Meet me
Thanks for taking the time to linger here a bit. Enjoy your week!
signature

4 comments

  1. I am so glad to see this. I am so frustrated and upset today! I took a pre-k position with the promise of moving up to k,1 or 2 next year. I was placed in k sped and was SUPER excited for it. After I moved all my stuff and was all ready for K, they told me today that I am moved back to pre-k because the teacher assigned to pre-k left. I am upset, frustrated, hurt, angry, etc.

    I know it might sound strange that your frustration makes me feel better. I am so sorry it is happening to you too, but it makes me feel just a little better to know I am not the only one who feels like they are being a little jerked around by administration. It also reassures me that another year paying my dues in prek would be better than leaving... It happens everywhere I guess!!!

    So sorry to hear about your situation, but I definitely feel your pain. I'm here for ya!

    Meredith
    The Big Apple Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith,
      It is always nice to know that you are not the only one experiencing frustrations with schools/districts/administration. I have been disappointed and frustrated for 12 years, but because I have a vested interest in this district I stay. I am sorry that this happened to you this year, it sucks! But because you are who you are you will do a killer job next year and no one will know how upset or frustrated you were, that's why we teach, blog, and care. Good luck!
      Shawna

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your optimist self won out - I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about different books. Sorry about your job situation - no fun. I read blogs like yours to stay motivated and hope to add ideas. Thanks! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Your comment is what I needed to kick myself into gear and rearrange some of my priorities and get me motivated!
      Enjoy your day!!
      Shawna

      Delete

Thoughts and comments are always welcome!